I am still working on getting more energy, but sleeping longer is not working out so well. I have decided that staying up late to work is necessary this week (as it often is for many of us) but I can still work towards my goal of having more energy. How you might ask… I am going to focus on one of my favorite things. FOOD!!!
I am going to eat healthier but I need a plan as I enjoy making elaborate meals that include the use of a full stick of butter. Part of me doesn’t want to give that up as there is something amazing that happens when you feed people really good food. So here is the plan. I am going to:
- Work on eating meals that are heavy on fruit, veggies and protein. Light on carbs.
- I am also going to cut back to 2 cups coffee a day
- I am going to drink 5 glasses of water a day
- I am not going to eat fast food at lunch during the week. I need to be able to tell what all of the ingredients of my food are if I am going to feel appropriately guilty for eating them and that is too hard with fast food
- I am going to be realistic and give my self a pass whenever we have guests. After all life must contain a little (lot) of butter
Five rules feels like enough. Now all I need is a little unrealistic inspiration, so to pinterest we must go. I started a board of healthy eating options. I have even populated it with a couple useful options including a general guide to building a smoothie. This is where I will begin…
Wish me luck and let me know if you have any suggestions for how to make this eating healthy thing work!